[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: any buying suggestions?

mike wrote:
>my wife and i have been weighing the purchase of a new 318is against the
>purchase of a 94/95 325is. this past weekend we found a nice 1994 325is,
>red, tan leather, loaded, with 20k miles. they want 29K$ for it.

$29,000 sounds like a lot of money for a 94.  I bought a nice 95 M3 with
fewer miles for $31.7K in Milwaukee.  As far as if you should buy a
318, 325, or 328 it depends on what you want to do with it.  Have you driven
each one?  Buy the one you like best is the obvious answer.  I don`t
think we (other digesters) can make the calls on what your priorities
are, price, color, handling, gas mileage, performance, etc, etc.

I was faced with a similar choice between a '96 M3 (couldn't get the
price I wanted from the dealer), a '96 328is (nice car, good driver) or
a '95 M3 (lots of fun).  I decided to let the previous owner take
the bath on 1st year depreciation and bought the '95.  I had to
look around because many sellers were expecting to get over $34,000
for their cars.  I finally found the right deal and bought it.
It's still under warranty so that's major risk reducer, in my mind.
I used the edmunds web page for an idea of the price the car should
go for.

Good luck in your search,
Dan