[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #145

I'm looking for info and suggestions on which model (used) BMW would be most
suitable for daily driver status at a cost of $10-15K.  I would like to stay
away from eta engined cars, but otherwise my mind is open.  I need a car which
will comfortably cover 25-30K mi/yr.  Are there any models to stay away from?
I'm interested in a car which may be under appreciated at the moment, but may be
a fair prize in 10 years.  I'm tired of paying 15k for a new car and getting
killed on depreciation.  Basically, I want a car that's already depreciated, but
in good shape.  I like the older M3's but I think maintenence cost would be a
bear. Are older 5 or 6 series cars a good bet?  Any info would be greatly
appreciated.

Chris

'92 VW Jetta (good, but boring)
'81 Fiat X1/9 (worthless, but FUN)