[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Instrument Cluster Woes $$$$$$

>I am the owner of a "89 735i; lately i have been experiencing
>some bazaar antics with this car:
>
>1)  Gas gauge only operates sporadically;
>2)  Service indicator lights are in the "red" zone even though an
>      inspection was done only 2 months ago.
>3)  monitor read-out has switched from English to German; tells
>      me brake pads are worn(i have replaced them) and no
>      brake lights( they do not operate).  Can anyone out there
>      give some tips on what may be happening.
>
>--Sounds like in "INFAMOUS" Instrument Cluster or Muther Board, has "Died"
or is in process of doing same. Hold on to you wallet here. BMW List for a
replacement is $893. With normal "friendly BMW Discount" you're looking at $700+

We have a source of eastern european electrical wizards that are Re-Building
all of the BMW Circuit Boards including the 3 & 5 series boards with
batteries, for as low as $105 + core. Your board is a "tad" more complicated
(Like the rest of the car) Technologically advanced & E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E $$$$
to fix. Bottom line .....we can sell you the remfg board w/ one year
guarantee for your 89 735 for $475 + core (cars built up 2/89) & $595 for
later production (they changed mid year) + core. I think its the "only"
solution. We've started selling quite a few of these to shops.. so looks
like "time's up on most of them". if we can be of help please call or visit
our everGROWING BMW Parts Website listed below. Rodd Sidney & the Crew @
Dealer Marketing
Rodd Sidney                  BMW Dealer Marketing Web Page
bmwrodd@domain.elided     http://dealermarketing.home.ml.org
               Orderline 1-203-2071