[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30>Brakes upgrade advice

Hi

I have a 1986 E30 333i Turbo with 450bhp & 520lbsft torque. My current
brakes are Alpina 11.7" disks duel ventilated & grooved with Alpina pads on
the front & 323i disks with Alpina pads on the rear. Tyres are Yokohama
AVS-I 205x50x16 ZR on Alpina 11J7 wheels.

The brakes are the original 333i Alpina system which was supplied on the
non-turbo original car. They are not too bad, but I should be looking at
some improvements to them. Suspension is fine using Alpina springs &
Alpina/Bilstein struts.

Any idea's / recommendations would be gratefully received. At the moment,
when I stop after a run, I can see about an inch wide blue line around the
centre of the front disks - they must be getting hot!

The car is used on the road.

Regards
Nick
Internet: njh@domain.elided