[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E36 headlight assembly

Wade Olson wrote:

>Although I thought it impossible by now, the dealer
>can still shock me with parts prices.  The latest
>episode involves the headlight assembly on my 92
>325i.  I simply want to replace the clear plastic
>cover in front of the lights, which has become clouded
>and chipped beyond repair (I don't think plastic polish
>will help).  The dealer claims it's $230 USD for each
>side, but I don't need the whole assembly.

I suggest you head up to Canada, really splurge (about $1400 Canadian), and
get a set of proper ellipsoid headlights with glass covers.  They are
available because of the E-36 Euro M3 sold here for a while.  My guess is
that you'll have to special order though.  I'm still waiting for my bank
manager to approve my second mortgage so I can afford a set for my car...

Mike Gammon
1996 328i