[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: general question

Joon Kim <joon@domain.elided> writes:
>My limited observation of this list (been subscribing for about a month) is
>that most responses are sent privately to the individuals.  I say this
>because there are some digest threads on which I look for a response and see
>none.  Also from experience I have gotten mostly private e-mails when I've
>posted a question.  My feeling on this issue is that all responses (unless
>one has a personal gripe) should be copied to the list for everyone's
>benefit.  Is there an unwritten policy about this issue?  What's the
>collective feeling on this?

Usually I Cc: the list with any answers I have, unless I'm not sure
I'm correct.  Then I usually just send it to the poster to prevent
making a fool of myself to the whole list (I do that enough with my
co-workers :-).

       Larry.
Lawrence R. Schwarcz, Software Design Engr/NCD      Internet:  lrs@domain.elided
Hewlett Packard Company                               Direct:  (408) 447-2543
19420 Homestead Road MS 43LN                            Main:  (408) 447-2000
Cupertino, CA 95014                                      Fax:  (408) 447-2264
Internal-only WWW: http://hpisrhw.cup.hp.com/~lrs/homepage.html
O-
             Copywight (c) 1996 Elmer Fudd.  All wights wesewved.