[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E28> What Proportion are Automatics (535is & 535i)?

After joining me in Monterey and seeing that amazing corral of teutonic
wonder, my brother has decided that he will shift his car hunting focus from
his previous target of a Lexus ES300 to his new passion, an E28 535is.  Maybe
he's not a bad guy after all.

The problem is that the car is primarily for his wife (so why does HIS
passion enter into the equation, you ask?...well, let's just say I find it
safest not to ask...) who wants an automatic <grimace>.

So...anybody know what proportion of the 535is population out there is
automatic?
Knowing he may wind up settling for a 535i, the same question is posed ---
how many of those were built with automatics?

Gerry O'Connor
Manhattan Beach, CA
'83 633 CSi
'72 2002 tii (feeling dejected, having not been selected to make the trip to
Monterey)
BMW CCA / NMA / SAE