[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: E12 528i

Sergio Juan ASKS:

5.  I am interested in any information that can help my 528i run better/faster.
 I currently get about 16 mpg around town and the car is a bit hard to start
when hot and idles
rough/low for about a minute after starting hot, until I step on the gas and
bring the revs up.
Other than that, it has good power and runs very smooth. (any special books for
this E12 I should
get?).

The owners handbook states RE the fuel injection/starting up, that when the
car is cold to start the car without pressing the accelerator. If the engine
is warm to start the car with the accelerator pressed halfway down, to
bypass the automatic cold starting & warming up unit (which feeds the
enriched fuel/air mixture)

Best Regards, JS

Jurgen Steinert					  = What lies behind us,
Operations Manager,Southwest Internet Systems     = or what lies before us,
Mandurah, Western Australia			  = are nothing compared as
Tel: 015 380 437  Fax: 09-5816648		  = what lies within us!