[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Inactive cell phones and 911/Highway Patrol calls?

After a year I have come to the conclusion that I have no real use for a Cell
Phone - I have a portable that plugs into holder on center console and then
acts like a regular hands off built in phone. We are going to cancel phone
and I might get rid of  unit in car to reduce clutter. I heard any cell phone
can be used to dial 911 or *FHP etc for emergency use even without a number
assigned. If this is true I could keep it in the glove box for emergecy use.
Anyone tried this?

Hoods UP