[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E36 M3 .. Vibrations & clunks

Jim - The vibration or buzz type noise makes me think of a catalytic
convertor shield that is loose or cracked.  I'm not sure if your M3 has
the double-wall exhaust tubing but if it does it is not uncommon for the
outer wall to buzz against the inner wall at higher rpm's.  And speaking
of higher rpm's, my first good experience with your chip and it's new rev
limit in my '88 M3 went like this - WOT to redline in 1st gear, slammed
dunked 2nd gear, rear tires lit up to where I (honestly) had to lift to
kept car straight...wow!  Anyway, no real idea on the rear end clunk
unless gear backlass became excessive - doubtful.  I wonder if your car
has the 2-piece flywheel?  I've heard some clunk type noises form the
2-piece ones on 325's.

Stu Raike
St. Louis