[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #131

Hi,

I just test drove a 1987 535is. 140,000 miles. It needs brakes and
exhaust work. The engine compartment looked rather greasy as did the
undercarriage. No sign of leakage though. the car had a rough idle.
Electric headrests non-functional, as was the left rear window. Interior
is a bit worn. Someone previously test drove this car and had a mechanic
look at it and was told it needed approximately $2000.00 worth of repairs.
The body has a couple of minor dings. Basically straight car.
Asking price: $5900.00

I think I could probably buy this car for $5000.00
Any thoughts as to whether I should buy this car would be greatly
appreciated.
One more thing, the car has M5 emblems, the owner told me that there was
no extra charge for them.

Kevin Sullivan
kevins@domain.elided

'71 2002 (colorado)