[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE: tales of overreaction...

> bunch.  I was just looking at some NHTSA numbers today (from a link on
> MSNBC about the Isuzu Trooper and Acura SLX tipping over at 35 mph), and
> their results show the E34 5 series having higher g-forces and head injury
> numbers in a crash than little Japanese econoboxes.  Hmmm....

As someone pointed out to me via email, the numbers for the mustang
coupe and convertible differ significantly.  I wonder if the crash
dummies have bad days or if there are some other inconsistencies such as
seat back angle and distance from the steering wheel that aren't
standardized for testing purposes.  I will have to dig into this some
and try to get some numbers onto my web site that I don't have to think
up wild reasoning for.  I haven't met the people doing the testing, but
I know there are more than one site for the actual tests, maybe that
plays some way too.  In the meantime, I'll picture a bunch of overgrown
kids that like to watch the cars crunch with the job of their dreams.
- --
Pat Donahue
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL