[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cruise control problem

Has anyone had this experience with their cruise control and still found what
was needed to fix it?

My cruise control stopped working.  I replaced the cruise control switch in
the steering column.  I replaced the cruise control actuator (motor) under
the hood.  I replaced the cruise control unit (brains) under the dash.  Both
fuses 5 and 6 are fine.  I was able to get about a half a second of cruise
control operation somewhere during the process of replacing parts, but the
cruise control has not worked since.  Am I missing something?

Has anyone gone threw this maddening experience before and found the problem?
 Thanks in advance.

Ken Klausner
kklaus8@domain.elided

'88 535i