[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 M3 .. Vibrations & clunks

Hi all ..

This one has me a bit stumped, as I can't cure it with an EPROM change ;)

My E36 M3 has about 33500 miles on it and has developed two annoying
problems .. the first happened just recently, and it is a BUZZING sort of
feeling as I run through the rpms .. I feel it mostly in the steering wheel
and the accel. pedal ...

It feels like when you turn the radio up WAAAY loud and it makes the car
sort of TINGLE .. any ideas??

The other has been around for a while .. a CLUNK from the back of the car
which occurs on clutch transitions if the car is loaded and then unloaded

If I go over a speed bump and then reclutch (a LOT of load being removed
at LOW speeds) it'll go kerchunk-a-chunk-a-chunk... with accompanying
accell and decel to the noise .. tells me SOMETHING has too much damn
play ..

Of course, the dealer says "they all do that" .. well maybe SOME of them
do, but not ALL ...

and I want it FIXED ..

Any hints??

Thanks,