[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

79 528i in need of...

Sergio Juan ASKS:

5.  I am interested in any information that can help my 528i run better/faster.
 I currently get about 16 mpg around town and the car is a bit hard to start
when hot and idles
rough/low for about a minute after starting hot, until I step on the gas and
bring the revs up.
Other than that, it has good power and runs very smooth. (any special books for
this E12 I should
get?).

ANSWER:  Try disconnecting the wire to the cold start valve.  On my car with the
same injection, the cold start valve is only needed below 40 degrees.  As  to
performance, a quick boost to high end performance is to replace the 6 air
runners on the intake manifold with those from  77-79 320i(s).

Bob
Many BMWs