[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2002 customizing tips and gross-out stories

HEY!! Knock off the gross car crash stories!!! Blair made a good point, now
everyone else seems to want to top his story.  "Oh I saw a bus load of toddlers
smash into a train and I called 911..." etc etc etc....  Yes there are certainly
valuable tips to be learned from being thrown headlong into a tragedy, but how
about sticking to the lessons, and not glorifying the tragedy.
	Now, I would like some tips.  I am planning on using chrome
bumper-friendly front fenders on an otherwise big bumpered 74 2002.  This way I
can place an older style front bumper on the car.  I think the
newer-grille-with-older-bumper look is really nice.  However, to maintain
symmetry, something must be done to the back bumper as well. My 2002 pal Tom
Pappenhagen  suggested that I remove the bumper shocks on the rear bumper, flush
mount the rear bumper to the rear panel, and basically weld it in place, thus
moving the bumper much closer to the actual car.  This is most likely the path I
will take, however, I am wondering if there are other possibilities, options
suggestions?
	Second, has anyone managed to replace the four bolt wheel hubs on a 2002
with five bolt wheel hubs?  Front's dont' seem like the transition would be
extremely difficult, but rears???  Anyone?