[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M318ti

From: Peter Zangl                     ZNGL

Subj: M318ti

rbrowne@domain.elided wrote:
>To anyone interested...there is a European Car magazine on the newstand
>right now, cant think of its name, and its not "European Car" or "CAR"
>magazine, but anyway, it features a one-off 318ti with an M3 engine in it.
>Apparently BMW made it as a gift for this magazines 50th year in the
>business.  Or something like that.  I will try to find out the name tomorrow
>if anyone wants to know about it.

It's the german magazine "auto motor und sport" (ams). The present was
a 318ti, not only equipped with the 321hp motor of the european M3, but
with a special sports-interiour and more sporty suspension. It is much
lighter than the M3 and is meant as a real sports car. There is a
chance that BMW will build this car in a small series. They want to
observe the reactions of the ams-readers and will then decide.
If someone is interested in details, I could look for the mag.

Greetings,

Peter Zangl
zngl@domain.elided