[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Summit Club Race Winning E30 M3

Hi all-

Contrary to rumors popping up on the digest the Oktoberfest-race winning red
E-30 M3 does not have a "European Touring Car engine".  I know the owner of
the vehicle and have driven with him and been instructed by him at several
driver schools.  The car is equipped with a 2.5L motor similar to those found
in the Evo III in Europe.  This, combined with a free-flowing exhaust, a
moderate lightening program, a fully developed suspension, and a talented
driver with many years of SCCA racing experience makes for some very quick
lap times. I guess there is hope for all of us.

- -Stephen Smith
'91 M3