[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Assorted 1600 problems

Thanks to all the people who have helped me so far.

Unfortunately though, I've still some problems with my 1970 2-door 1600.

1) I know the Hella H4 headlight fits, but apparently the Australian
and European H4's are different sizes.  Does anyone know the diameter
of the H4 (in mm) that fits?  Are there any tricky steps required when
fitting them?

2) My driver's side window (ie. right window) will wind down but not up.
Has anyone experienced a similar problem?  I know nothing about the window
mechanism and am stuck.  One tthing I did notice with the door trim removed
is that there was a big spring-like bit of metal lying in the bottom of the
door.  Should
this be attached to something?

3) Were inertia seat belts fitted as standard to this car?  I have them now
but suspect
that a previous owner installed them.

Thanks again,
Cameron van den Heuvel