[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:E30 manual trans fluid change tool? and diff fluid

I built a long hose with a funnel at the top.  One end in the transmission
filler hole and the other end start pouring the fluid in th funnel.  I pour
90% of the fill capacity in the manual and then pour alittle while checking
the filler hole for overflow.  I bought my 17mm at Sears for $18.  You alos
need a steel pipe to get enough leverage to remove the plug especially if
its the first time you have tried it.  The rear diff plugs are the same
size.

Cheers
John

>could someone give me a quick outline on changing the manual trans fluid
>in an E30. (Where can I get a 17mm hex thing, Sears?) Also does the 325es
>have limited slip diff? What size hex do I need for the rear diff caps?
>thanks

John Coffin
Senior Engineer
coffin@domain.elided