[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <E36> 318ti foglights and moldings peeling off

Chris,

On 13 Aug 1996, Christopher, Kean wrote:

> Thanks for the info on the fog lights, right now I am negotiating a
> price at my dealer to do the work. The dealer said they have done this
> before and it took 2.5 hours at $70/hr so that around $175 just for
> the labor.

Only 2.5 hours?  Be sure to get it in writing!  $70/hr is kind of high
(which part of the country are you at?) but I guess still resonable as my
dealer's rate is $64/hr.  How much is your dealer charging for the 318ti
foglight kit?  (BMW CCA discounts?  Customer discounts?)

> I wanted to askif you have had the molding that is peeling off fixed
> yet. I have a '96 318 ti and I have the same problem, on both sides.

I haven't had that problem and am surprised that it's happening on the '96
model.  I guess they hadn't improved that part from the '95 model.

> It kind of really erks me to think that the infamous BMW can still have
> little minor defects like this. I love my car but before this I had all
> Japanese cars and never had any defects that I noticed and I think I
> pretty observant.

I know what you mean.  I'm sure some of the E36 owners out there feel the
same way with their $30K cars .. dash separation, rattle on the door
panels, valve lifters, etc. etc.

Regards,

David Tay
'95 318ti Active