[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <E36> 318ti A/C problems

Pedro,

On Tue, 13 Aug 1996, Pedro I. Espina wrote:

> My 95 318ti started the "howling" noise this weekend. At first I thought
> it was the car next to me (it sounded similar to a car with brake noise)
> but after playing a bit with the controls I realized it was the AC. The
> sound is coming from the passenger side and it is loud enough to make me
> turn my AC off.

Mine started off initially with a "breathing" noise and eventually evolved
into the "groaning" or "moaning" ("groaring") sound.  When I have a guest
or a friend in the car and the noise comes on, they look at me and ask,
"What's that?  Do BMWs make that kind of noise?"  :)

> BTW, what dealer do you take your car to?

Bought my car at Tischer and it's always been serviced at Tischer.

> I bought mine at VOB but after my first service check up, I will never
> take my car there again. They replaced a broken piece of plastic in the
> interior of the car and left a bunch of pieces of the old fasteners
> laying around the floor. I know this is a little thing but the Honda
> dealer never did anything like this and they always hand-washed the car
> before returning it to me. I was expecting at least the same level of
> service for a car that cost twice as much...

It's more of a dealer problem/attitude.

VOB ... oh God, some of the digest members here (Ron Browne, for instance)
can tell you all the "wonderful" stories about VOB..  ;-)

	David