[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sump cage strength

Hi gang. I have just come back from one of my clients, and am very, very,
very upset. On my way here, I saw half-a-brick in the middle of my lane, but
I couldn't swerve. My car (E30 323/325) has been lowered to about 2in
!!!!!!( on the sump cover). I screamed and braked as I headed towards the
half-brick, and I heard a HUGE bang as my car bounced when it hit the brick.
I immediately pulled over , and looked underneath the car ( where some
sunlight had managed to creep under ), but could see nothing. The brick in
the road didn't even move when I hit it, maybe my car did bounce over it. I
saw two drops of oil on the ground underneath my car just after I parked it.

I am dreading going back to see my car after work (about 3 HRS time) as I am
scared that there is a lot of oil on the ground. How strong are the sump
cages, and alos how flexible are they. I am worried that the sump cover was
pushed into the sump, and may have damaged it. Can the cage be pushed into
the sump ???????

Any replies to ease my mind would be appreciated.
Regards
DARREN
DARREN HILDER
RATT-Pac International
5th Floor                                            Tel (27 11) 836 4181
11 Diagonal Street                                   Fax (27 11) 836 0369
Johannesburg                                         E-mail : darren@domain.elided
2000                            \|/
South Africa                    @ @