[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Air Distribution Control and A/C

Neil Williams <neilw@domain.elided> wrote:

> And while I'm bitching, has anyone else noticed that the temperature
> of air out of the A/C isn't particularly cold when compared to most
> other cars, or is it just my car that needs recharging? And when you
> turn the fan to the "3" or "4" setting it's surely the loudest ruckus I've
> ever heard an A/C make (in terms of wind and fan noise)?

I have a 1996 328i and I'm very disappointed with the air conditioning.
Recently in Toronto the temperature was in the high 90s and I had to
have the fan blowing on my face to remain cool. It's also worse on the
highway than in city driving. I also find the "whoosh" noise that the
air conditioning frequently makes as it cycles on and off to be quite
disturbing. I, too, would be interested in other opinions about the
quality of the A/C.

David Toole