[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Resonators in Exhaust systems.

I'm asking to someone that can anwser my question about resonators in
aftermarket exhaust systems. I have a Remus exhaust on my 318ti, and it
has a resonator after the cat. This piece is so quiet, when I'm at the
track, people think all I have is an exhaust tip. I am thinking about
removing it to make it louder, if it has no disadvantages besides noise.
Has anyone ever removed a resonator on their car?

Do resonators add any performance benefit Torque/HP?

Would I gain performance without the Resonator by any chance?

Does the resonator have backpressure?

I am assuming that aftermarket exhaust companies place resonators to
tune the sound quality, and to match the stock engineering.

Please respond.
Thanks,
Ruell Medina 1995 318ti Dinan II sus., CS body kit, Remus Exhaust,
                        JC Chip, Custom Intake. Cosmetics.
ruey220@domain.elided