[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dealer Shenanigans

David Tay wrote:
   >Spoke with the service advisor at my dealer (Tischer BMW) this morning
>after faxing him a copy of the email on the "GROARING" noise problem, and
>he has confirmed that some 318ti's (mine is an 8/95 production) have a bad
>batch of "purge valves"  which causes that "groaring" noise

Ive been wondering for quite awhile...does BMW actually encourage the
dealers to "lie" or "not know" about specific Technical Service Bulletins?
They only seem to fess up to them after being hit with hard evidence.  There
used to be a couple of BMW mechanics/Service Managers on the digest.
Respond to me privately and I will post your comments anonymously if you wish.