[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Slippery when wet!...Pirelli P6 Tyres on E28 5 series.

Slippery when wet!...Pirelli P6 Tyres on E28 5 series.

I recently changed all four Pirelli P6 195x70x14 tyres on my E28 525i aft=
er a wet weather mis-hap.=20

The car has always been far too tale happy,  even though the P6's were no=
where near worn out with 5-7mm tread showing so I did not consider it to =
be a tyre problem. The P6 tyres are obviously a common but unsuitable typ=
e for this vehicle. I now have 4 Goodyear Eagle NCT2's, the difference is=
 outstanding in terms of grip and handling precision. The most noticeable=
 difference is wet weather grip.
So when you next need tyres, remeber PIRELLI P6's are not GOOD, But GOODy=
ears are OK!

Richard Cartledge    1986 525iSE    124,000miles