[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Young Drivers

remind everyone that a BMW can be very much an object of great emotion to
a young boy (or girl).  Those in the NCC probably all know my son Steve.
He has always been a car 'nut' like me.  He has never voluntarily missed
a BMW event.  He reads my Roundel, DerBayerische and European Car
magazines before me (gets home first).  When I'm in the bucket at the
track he is there flagging with me.  Many will get the chance to meet him
at Oktoberfest.  Talk to him about _ANY_ BMW model that has been written
about.  He reads the car ads in the back hoping that somehow he'll find
one that he can afford.  He did manage to find a freebee 2002 that I
managed to talk him out of after seeing the car (WHEW!).  I let him drive
my M3 back from the track one evening and he never stopped grinning the
whole way.  Think he wouldn't appreciate a BMW if one were given to him?

Now the other side.  A couple of months after I got my M3, I was in
Williamsburg VA (August 94).  There I ran across another 95 M3 in the Roy
Rogers parking lot.  Being excited about the prospect of relating to
another M3 owner, I quickly spotted an older woman standing in line with
the //M key.  Upon talking to her about the car, it became obvious that
she had no F***ing idea what she had.  She happened to walk into the show
room when it came in.  She thought it was cute and paid cash.  End of
conversation.

Now which one would appreciate having a BMW more?  Being in a position
where you could not afford one, would you accept one as a reward?
- --
Mike Donahue            __________      ______
m3@domain.elided         /__________\    /______\
(301) 843-1919        (OO=[ ][ ]=OO)  [oo]OO[oo]
93//740i  95//M3      |||o^^^^^^o|||  |#|o  o|#|
Webmeister NCC BMWCCA http://www.patriot.net/users/m3/