[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Gear box to hard

>When I start the engine in the morning, it is very hard to put reverse or
>any other gear. The gear box doesn't make any strange noise, but is very hard.
>I took my 325 to a local BMW car garage, and they just replace the oil
>with a lighter one, but the problem is still there.
>In summer this don't happen.
>Any suggestions ?
I do not know the answer, but I had the same EXACT problem with an old
Audi. The dealer did the oil thing but nothing. After harassing them they
said it *could* be something with the springs (?) in the clutch plate, if
I remember correctly. They said they could replace the part but would NOT
promise that it would fix the problem. Since I was out of warranty I did
not bother to try. Instead I sold the car to my brother and he moved to
CA :-)

Good Luck,

Steve