[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #73

At 02:47 PM 8/5/96 +0000, you wrote:
>>Hopefully I will not be considered smug or worse for asking this, but
>>>considering that we are all (I hope!) reasonably competent drivers, why
>>>do we need ABS braking?

The ABs brakes are great. I live in Florida and it rains alot in the summer.
I can't begin to tell you how many " WHY THE HELL DID WE EVER LEAVE
ORLANDO,MARGE! " drivers have made me use ABS and change lanes hoping there
was no one in my blind spot 'cause I'm not good enough to look 3 places and
steer correctly while panic braking. One less thing off my mind in this
situation is welcome. the computer is always faster than a person
preoccupied with wrecking their beloved vehicle. If ABS is defective the
brakes are not any worse :->
You can always pull the fuse.
peace.
Sean the tourist dodger