[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: BMW Motorhome

Yes Dave there really was a BMW Motorhome, kind of.

To stretch my memory, in the early 80's a niche company built a motorhome
using the BMW Turbo Deisel (found in the 524td and believe it or not as an
option on a Contenental Mark ?).  I can't remember the name of the company (I
think it started with a V).  They did not have BMW Roundels, though I
understand some owners added their own. They were small, maybe 20-22 feet and
very short, 7-8 feet.  They were advertised to fit in the standard garage.  I
was in one once and as I recall they were well appointed and functional but
you couldn't stand up unless you were 5 feet tall.  There are still some
around, think there was one offered for sale in the Roundel not to long ago.

Mike - 1973 Euro 2002tii Lux