[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<e36> Alarm Problems and (young drivers, obvious point overlooked)

Hello Digesters,

My e36 alarm (3 weeks old) had it first false alarm yesterday. I was
mid-afternoon, over 100 degrees, parked in the sun, sunroof tilted
up...I was standing about 100 feet from the car, and it just started
going off. So, I closed the roof and rearmed the alarm. Has anyone
really resolved this problem yet (short of putting a different alarm in
the car)???

Alot of parents out there buy cars for their youngsters. So, money being
a relative thing, what's the difference between someone (parent) with an
income of $50K buying his/her child a $5K car, or a parent with a $500k
imcome buying their child a $50k car. A few years ago, just out of
college, I think I mentioned that I couldn't ever imagine buying
(myself) a car for over $30k, now 3 years later and a better income
later, I just purchased one for over $40k and am looking for a SUV to
add to the stable. Think of this as the Dean 'Theory of Relativity'...

Dean Schreier
Schreier Applications Consulting
'96 M3 (Factory Alarm functioning, but questionable)
'76 Corvette (Factory Alarm broken since '77)
BMWCCA 104306