[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arrogant Drivers

> From: God <god@domain.elided>
>
> This is from a 20 year old whose first car was a diesel mercedes and whose
> second car is a BMW.  And I love it, and I tell everybody my daddy bought
> it for me.  After all, what is money if you cannot spend it on people you
> love?  Nobody questions buying their young wife a new car right?

i am also 20. first car, honda accord. 2nd car, bmw. it was kind of
random; we were looking for computer parts and "just happened to be" next
door to stevens creek BMW. my dad test drove an M3 and the rest is
history :)

i did feel guilty about accepting it at first, but while we were debating
the purchase i asked several friends, and the unanimous opinion was
"you'd be stupid if you didn't accept it". i had a long conversation with
my dad about the purchase. he said that we were both very fortunate to
have the resources to buy such a nice car, and that we should thank my
(late) grandfather for what he has left behind for us.

now i'm trying hard to improve my driving skills; just got dusted by an
accord EX the other day :) (well sort of. he was going much faster than i
cared to, probably over 110).

the moral of the story - i guess it was too hard to say no.

- -Chris
(BTW, anyone have additional experiences with the Porter Orbital buffer?
I'm thinking of taking the plundge, 199$ from Griot's Garage)