[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Timed ventilation vs BMW alarm

On my 328i coupe I have the car computer, which now comes with a timer to
start ventilation. I also have a BMW 3T dealer-fit alarm.

Surprise, surprise, when the ventilation comes on it brings on the alarm
too.

Anyone got this combination and been through the appropriate cycle of
controlled experiments? The options seem to be:

  - the alarm is triggered by air movement, so I should turn off the
    ultrasonic detector

  - the alarm is triggered by voltage drop, so I can't use the ventilation

  - the alarm could be adjusted by the dealer to not go off

Any thoughts welcomed.