[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Auto air recirculation

On my new 328i (UK spec coupe) I have the "automatic" (digital controls)
air conditioning, with the automatic air recirculation option. It's
supposed to pop the recirculation on and off depending on pollution etc.

Two questions the manual doesn't help with:

1. How do I know when it's recirculating? The indicator doesn't show; I'd
like to find out whether the London air is always "polluted" by the
computer's standards.

2. When it does decide it's in a polluted area, does it stay in recirc
mode permanently, or does it give the occasional burst of fresh air?

Thanks