[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<misc> OBC Mileage is wrong; Can't unlock OBC

     Dear Listers,

        My car is an 88 535, and the OBC mileage is consistently 20-35%
     high.  I posted a question about adjusting the OBC mileage, and got
     pointed to the FAQ on diddling with the OBC, which was quite
     informative.

        Problem is, my OBC only responds when I press either "100" and "1"
     or "1000" + "1" at the same time. One of these gives me the software
     version number, and the other gives me remaining fuel in liters, just
     as described in the FAQ.  I've tried the other possible combinations
     of simultaneous button presses and haven't been able to get the "TEST
     NO" prompt mentioned in the FAQ (which is a precursor to observing and
     changing the OBC mileage correction factor)

     Questions:
        Is it possible that I have an earlier OBC which doesn't have all
        the capabilities mentioned in the FAQ?

        Is there smoe other way to tweak the OBC mileage?

     TIA

     Guy Cheesman
     88 535 w/ mendacious OBC