[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

"Real" BMWs. . .

Re: Various slings and arrows directed at certain BMWs

	I have owned a few BMWs. Furthermore, I believe I have driven
every US-legal BMW model imported into the States since 1966. I have
owned 74 cars so far in my life (and had a pretty good time with all of
them). So, I have some level of experience vis-a-vis cars.
	Even though the smaller BMWs have the four cylinders in many
cases, and the very large sedans are not as nimble as some might like,
they're still BMWs. Believe me, when you get behind the wheel and fire
one up, there is no mistaking what you're driving. Any of you that have a
BMW would instantly recognise the sensations generated by driving another
model, whether it's less horsepower, more horsepower, larger, smaller, or
even whether it's 20 years old.
	All the things that make this marque great are present in every
model - present in varying amounts, it's true, but there nonetheless.
	An average BMW 3-Series is more fun than most other marque's
top-of-the-line flagsip cars. Not more reliable maybe, or not as big
inside, or not as much horsepower, but a heck of a lot more fun. And the
big BMWs are light years ahead of most of the other cars in their
respective size class in terms of handling and ride dynamics. Which
again, translates to more fun in my book.
	It's all good stuff.
	So, guys, give these folks (and the BMWs they own) a break. After
all, they're family.

Dan

'84 633CSi

- --