[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New 328i SE??

Any comments on the following letter I have had to send to BMW UK?

"On Tuesday we took delivery of our new BMW car from Eastern Motors,
Edinburgh.  This delivery had been looked forward to for many weeks,
particularly since it was supposed to be delivered in June but the car did
not arrive in Edinburgh when it was supposed to.

Imagine our dismay when we discovered it was not the car we were under the
impression we had ordered!  On the faxes we sent out for quotes, we clearly
stated it was a 328i SE, along with various accessories, which we wanted.
When it arrived it was actually a 328i, not the SE model.  This could have
been overcome if we had been given a printout of what exactly was ordered
from the factory, then the onus would have been on us to spot that it was
not the SE model which we had been quoted for.  As it stands we now have a
car which we did not order.  We are not in the habit of parting with over
=A330,000 for a car and this was to be a very special car indeed.  We=
 presumed
when we were spending this amount of money that we would receive sales
efficiency to match it.  Once the original deal was done, any time we
phoned, the salesman couldn't wait to get us off the phone, and, when the
car did not arrive when it was supposed to, this caused great disappointment
to us.  Now this has turned to downright distress to find it is not the car
we wanted.

Also we are extremely concerned about the lack of rear arm rest.  We opted
for the through-load version but nowhere in the brochures did it say there
would be no rear arm rest if we had through-load.  The salesman did not tell
us this and, had we known, we would have opted for the arm rest instead of
the through-load.

All in all we fell very badly let down and instead of receiving delivery of
our ultimate driving machine we are left with a very nice car but not what
we ordered.

The salesman has offered to upgrade the car to SE standard, but, given
previous form, we have asked for this in writing.  However, we feel that
this will be very difficult to do post-factory and wonder if we shall be
left with a "put-together, not quite finished" model.

We have put a stop on our cheque and this will not be lifted until this
matter has been resolved."

Well guys out there - what do think I should do??

Jim Shanks
'96 328i SE??
'91 Peugeot 405 Mi 16 For Sale