[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

The useful life of cars in the USA and in Germany

Here, in  California  IMHO , 210000 km is high miles and  280000km is
the upper limit  of useful life of an the average maintained Bmw or MBZ.
This is my experience from looking at many used cars. Cars depreciate
about 10% a year and at ten years old have the a residual value of between
10% and 20%(unless it has been spectacularily maintained.)
People drive 21000 -28000 km a year  and this has leads me to conclude
that the useful life of a car is  about 10 years.

What is considered a high mileage used car in Germany?
 At what mileage is a car in Germany considered used up?
( re: BMW and MBZ in particular)

I am interested in other illuminating views on this topic.

sincerely,

henri baccouche