[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E24 Water buffalo hunt

I'm trying to find a piece of water buffalo hide, anthracite in color
(mainly black with a gray/greenish hue), to make a small upholstery repair
to some beading/welting in my M635CSi's BMW sport drivers seat.
Specifically, I need a strip about one meter in length by 50mm in width.  I
believe this was used in some 745's as well as some European E24's. If
anyone can find some extra material tucked away in a inconspicuos location
that you could cut off, please email me directly.  Conversely, are there any
sources where this hide may be purchased new?  Have been unsuccessful
through normal BMW channels or local leather suppliers.  Unfortunately, the
sticker identifying the upholstery material normally found under the rear
seat was removed by a PO.

Thanks for any help!

Michael Stoneman
BMWCCA #1834