[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

sway bar noise

In the recent thread on sway bar noise in some cars
with  Racing Dynamic sway bars that made this clunking sound,
some people thought it was either from the bushings or
end links. One person suggested Anti seize and another
just had to tighten up the front endlink-to-strut bolt. Same
person also suggest wrapping teflon tape around the bolt
where it goes through the sway.

I've regreased mine and still get the noise from the back end
that is driving me nuts. I should have gone with DINAN!

Anyways, one person used the stock end links which I want to try.
Will the person who did this tell me exactly how you did this?
Anyone else out there with this problem or a solution?
I may try the Dinan endlinks or their rubber bushings, I know
their  rear dia. is smaller 21mm vs 22mm in the rear.
Thanks
Scott Hung 95 M3
P.S.  I may just need to tighten the bolts up (alot!). RD stated
40 ft lb on the "rod end hardware."  I made the mistake
of overtorquing the bolt attaching the bracket to the
suspension arm thus breaking it. I was then too conservative
in tightening the Heim joint bolts. The instructions failed
to specify the exact "hardware". I will do this first, but still
use the tape to help fill any dead space between the bolt and
 swaybar.bmw-digest