[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Question About Springs

FELLOW  DIGESTER WRITES

I saw your reply about the Dinan springs in BMW Digest #41 and thought I
would ask you a question about springs.  (Hope you don't mind.)  I
originally had some questions about upgrading in volume #26 on July 24,
but I have not received any responses.  Thus, I thought I would try
asking
you.

NO PROB. SOME PEOPLE JUST GET TIRED OF ANSWERING THE SAME
OLD QUESTIONS.  I WOULD BE GLAD TO OFFER ANY WISDOM.

 I have a '94 325iC (E36) that I want to upgrade the suspension on.  I
wanted to ask you your opinion on Racing Dynamics springs versus H&R and
Dinan because I am considering choosing one of these three.  However, I
want to minimize the lowering effect due to a very low hanging AC
Schnitzer front spoiler.  Do you happen to know which of these spring
 lowers the car the LEAST.

I BELIEVE IT IS DINAN. ALL THE OTHERS LOWER AT LEAST 1 INCH
AND YOUR  NICE SPOILER WOULD SOON BE CHEWED UP. I HAVE
THE H&R CATALOG WHICH STATES 1.5 " FRONT and 1.0"  REAR .
I THINK THE H&R IS THE BEST QUALITY THOUGH. EIBACH IS
PROBABLY NOT AS LOW,  AROUND 3/4 to 1 " ALL AROUND.
THEY ARE ALSO GOOD QUALITY. MY STAGE 4 DINAN ON THE M3
ONLY LOWERS AROUND 1/4 to 1/2 max WITH CAMBER PLATE.

Also, why did you mention in the digest that you would choose H&R the
second time around (i.e., why not Racing Dynamics)?

I MEANT OVER DINAN. I WAS CONSIDERING RD ALSO, BUT WAS
NOT AVAILABLE.  CHOSE DINAN TO MATCH THE SHOCKS AS NO
OFF THE SHELF STRUTS EXISTED THEN. HEARD RUMORS THAT
THE EIBACH WAS A BIT STIFF.

Your comments and opinions would be GREATLY appreciated.
ANY TIME!

Scott H.