[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Both feet in

I was confused (not hard to do) when I first heard this expression,
especially having learned to perform the same function using this axiom
from the late Graham Hill (you know, Damon's old man?) many years ago,
"When in doubt, both feet out." This, simplistically explained, means that
when you find yourself in a jam, put both feet out, thereby fully
depressing the clutch and brake pedals. "Both feet in," I suppose, comes
from pushing both feet into the pedal box.

I also remember reading Graham Hill's opinion that you don't really know
how to drive until you're proficient at steering with the throttle. This is
not really related to the both feet in thread, but, it's interesting
nonetheless.

FWIW

Scott Blazey