[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

test air-flow meter (e-28)

Help needed with Fuel Injection Problems,

Does anyone know how to test an air-flow meter to see if it needs
replaced.  I have flat spots and I'm running lean. My trip computer tells
me I'm getting 28 mpg around town and 32 mpg highway!!! This is great for
fuel mileage but lousy for power. I've replaced the fuel filter, o2
sensor, new exhaust system, K&N air filter, rotor and cap, spark plugs
and have tried adjusting the spring in the air-flow meter (The computer
seems to adjust the mixture back to a lean condition when I adjust the
spring in the air-flow meter). The car idles smooth, burns no oil, and
has good compression at 150k miles.  I'm also thinking about replacing or
back flushing my injectors, the problem may relate to multiple items.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mark Conley
'87 535is
'90 Civic Si