[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M5 maintenance

Hi all!

	I have done all my own maintenance on my fun cars, why would you want to
fool around with a Nissan truck?  As yet I have not flushed the brakes on an ABS
car.  Is there any magic or techniques I need to learn?  The ABS must operate in
parallel with the conventional braking system, as the brakes will operate with
an ABS sensor or control system failure.  As far as I can see the ABS really
should not change how I flush & bleed.  Although the ABS pump might need to be
bled in some specific sequence.   I plan to replace the stock flexible hoses
with SS or Kevlar reinforced hoses, so I will have introduced air into the
system.  Any guidance?

	Are there any plastic or rubber battery boxes that fit the battery inside
the metal battery box?  It would tend to eliminate a corrosion issue.

TIA

Regards,

Joe Fahy
'74 911S