[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

'02 Temperature cable to valve broken!

Hi Everyone,

A couple of nights ago, the cable to the heater valve
snapped off inside the housing near the heater valve.  This
was due to a seldom used, leaking, sticky heater valve that required
several 'encouragements' via the cable.  No cable now...

Replacing the 23 year old valve appears to be straight forward,
but the cable looks to be a bear.  Do I have to pull the heater
box to do this?  And yes, I do have A/C.  I know this adds to
the challenge!

I did purchase the heater valve already, but was surprised to see
that the replacement cable is actually a two piece affair.  One end
goes to the heater box and the other connections goes somewhere.
(inside the box?)  Is there a way to do this without pulling the
heater box?

Not that it's cold in California, it just annoys me when something
like this happens.

Any advice and info is much appreciated.

Regards,

Travis
'73 2002tii