[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: e30 over heating & Metric Mechanic performance test

From: Gtonoracr@domain.elided
|Here's the next part to my post.
|For those of you in the know about the 60-80 performance test as outlined in
|the Metric Mechanic Cat., my third gear time has dropped down to 4.3 with a
|full tank, and very consistantly. It was 4.9-5.1 before the chip. Stock time
|is 6.25 as noted in their test.This seems to be a very good test to measure
|performance and the R&R is very consistant.
|What I want to know is how my time compares to other 87 and on 325is's...even
|the newer models...also note that i am pusing alot more rubber than stock so
|please include your tire size...and any other mods you have made..
|thanks
|Glenn

Glenn,

Just a data point.  I have a stock 89 E30 M3.  I did the 60-80 MPH test
about two years back just out of my own curiousity.  The E30 can do it in
~4.1 seconds.

Here are other times I've gathered:

Year/Make/Model         M:3rd           M:4th           M:5th
                        A:OD off        A:OD on
- --------------------+------------------------------------------------
82 Toyota Celica        27              40                      garyh
89 BMW M3               4.1             6.0             9.3 ?   garyh
95 BMW M3               3.6
89 Toyota Camry         10.5            11.5
   Toyota Carina        3.9             5.2             6.2     KalalahtiMatti
95 BMW 525i             5.66            6.33                    garyh
95 TA A4w/2.73 rear/KN  3.5 (2nd gear)                          MIKECHANEY@domain.elided
93 Formula GU5/A        4.0 (2nd gear - Best)                   pstl@domain.elided
                                                                MODS K&N H/chip

Gary