[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[none]

     <<From: Joshua Brentano <skywalkr@domain.elided>
     Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:36:32 -0700 (PDT)
     Subject: Euro 635Csi Information

     Does anyone know of any faq's or any other information of any kind
     about a
     635Csi.  I was looking for not so much the history but any problems,
     things
     to look out for maybe some tips on tuning them up etc.

     Joshua
     1979 Euro 635Csi
     1987 535is
     1981 528e
     1974 Bavaria>>

     Josh,

     There aren't any faq's I'm aware of particular to this car.  The
     problem areas are generally the same as for 633s. Additional problem
     areas will depend on how well the car was federalized.

     On my '81, the prime problem area has been electrics.  I'm sure this
     is directly due to federalization. The headlights are wired into the
     parking light circuit, for instance. The 02 sensor was placed in a
     spot where the lead wire always gets snagged on something and pulls
     out. I figure I'll eventually get an automotive electrician to
     straighten it out.

     If you have door beams, you may want to check them - they were added
     to the inside of your doors to meet crash standards.  They are prone
     to rust if they weren't painted or coated.

     Window seals for front and rear glass should also be checked, but I've
     had no problems with mine.

     Other than that they're a blast to drive!  Hope some other digesters
     can help.

     Roe

     81 635csi