[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Antifreeze

I just replaced the antifreeze in my '91 <E30> 318is last weekend.
I had a bugger of a time finding antifreeze that was phosphate free, but
I came across two (in the same place, after three different auto parts
places).  I found the Sierra brand as well as a Prestone antifreeze
called "Longlife 460" (for 4 years, 60k miles).  I got the Prestone
stuff, since thier normal antifreeze is considered "reasonably" good in
the FAQ.  It comes in a silver jug and cost me less than $10 a gallon at
Pep Boys.  It has a cute little sticker on it that says "Phosphate free"
so I can only assume that it is.  I'm not planning on testing the
"Long-life" claims of the antifreeze even though my head gasket has
already been replaced with the "better" design.

     I just thought I'd pass on the information.

Regards,
Robert Charles
<E30> '91 318is (With Nice, Green, Clean coolant)