[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Thanks, and RPMs for 2002s

First,

Thank you, Ira and Vince for the tire advice...seems my tire scars came
from an overloaded trunk, not oversize tires.

New question: as a newbie, I am curious as to whether there is an optimum
low RPM for each gear of a 4spd 2002...for instance, I see second gear
redlines at about 55mph, but how much earlier can I shift? Can I run third
gear at 2500 RPM? Or, should I not shift until I'm assured that next gear
will be 3000 RPM? Does this make any sense to anyone else??

- -Ben

                                Ben McCoy,
                              Project Manager
                          Ahrens Interactive, Inc.